Monday, March 29, 2010

WESTPORT

Steeples Cottage, Studio and B&B

This quality accommodation is located 11 km south of Westport and enjoys magnificent sea views, tranquil sunsets and beautifully kept gardens. They're Jack Russell named Dee came out to meet us when we arrived and became our best friend after we spoiled her with hugs and pats.




Bruce and Pauline were great hosts and made us feel extremely welcome- I felt at home from the get go as I relaxed in their lounge room. I fell in love with they're kitten Chooka as she pranced around my feet, on my lap and across the keyboard as I was typing up my Blog. She was just way too cute.




My queen bedroom in their peaceful rural home featured a large ensuite and spectacular views over the beautiful garden and the Tasman Sea. Aside from my sleep talking and walking I had a very good nights sleep. Sleep walking is becoming a regular occurrence with me- very embarrassing! Amanda stayed in the ensuite studio room separate from the house and also enjoyed a view of the steeples rocks in the Tasman Sea.



In the morning Paulina provided a very delicious continental breakfast before I went for a run to the Seal Colony. The path to the Seal Colony is along the rugged coastline beaches and offers breathtaking views. From a viewing point on the headland we were able to observe the intriguing seals as they lazed on the rocks and soaked up the sun.





Prices start from $60 a night, which includes breakfast.

Star Tavern

It was Amanda's birthday today! After enjoying a glass of wine in Steeples Cottage beautiful gardens and watching the sun set we walked down to the local tavern. This is owned by Pauline's sister Kay and serves scrumptious steaks and burgers.



The best thing about Star Tavern is that the second you enter the building you become one with the locals. Ordering a drink Kay's partner, Derick introduced himself after introducing the other locals sitting at the bar.

A few drinks later we found ourselves playing pool and singing along with 'My Brown Eyed Girl' on the juke box.



On the roof of the tavern is hundreds of notes held up by tacs. He told us we would have to sacrifice a note to find out how he gets them up there keeping both feet on the ground and not using any sticks. Amanda lost a $5 note but found his secret party trick- you will have to visit Star Tavern and sacrifice a note to find out :)

We won of course (V for Victory)

No comments:

Post a Comment