Monday, September 7, 2009

15minutes of fame

On Friday I received a phone call from channel nine asking if I was free to have an interview and get some footage to feature me in a story at 5.30 that night (Friday night) and obviously I said YES. It was so much fun! I felt like a movie star ha-ha. My family were so excited they genuinely think I’m famous. I had to explain that a 2-minute feature story on channel 9 news does not necessarily mean I’m famous. However, I did get asked that night if I was the girl who was on the news so that was pretty awesome!

Then on fathers day I had my makeup done in the morning for a photo shoot with courier mail. The photo shoot was down at Currumbin beach and I had a ball. Although not sure how models deal with the brutal honesty from photographers. Its not like your friends when they take a photo “ohhh that’s nice” translation “that was horrible”. The photographer just tells you straight up “oh no that was awful don’t do that pose again”. Not too great for the self esteem but I’m still standing!

This week has just been a whirlwind of excitement for me. I have been taking phone calls from radio and TV stations as well as newspapers all week. Although its been exciting its been extremely nerve racking. Having the fait of your future career resting upon your family, friends and the wider public is not very fun but all I can say is you need A LOT of trust in other people!

After my photo shoot I got to sit, back and relax in my backyard overlooking the Tallebudgera Creek with my family and drink a few champers! Great ending to a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment