Sunday, May 23, 2010

CHRISTCHURCH

My last day finally arrived. As much as I was looking forward to seeing all my friends and family, I was quite sad that the trip was all over ☹ However, I am not done yet, I am going to write a travel book about the top 100 best spots to visit and things to do in NZ. So stayed tuned…


Central Park Motel

Central Park Motor Lodge is a modern motel style accommodation situated near Christchurch city on the edge of Hagley Park. The motel is walking distance to the Botanic Gardens, Christchurch Museum, The Arts Centre, Galleries and several other facilities. Its prime location also meant that it was only a 10 minutes drive to the International Airport, which was very handy as my flight was at 6am.



The motel features 14 very spacious self-contained and well-appointed units. Kathy and Harry were great hosts and made my last night in New Zealand very memorable. Kathy showed me to my room and provided me with maps and information on Christchurch.

My one bedroom unit featured a large open plan living, dining and kitchen area with a single bed, a private bathroom and a queen sized bed in the Master bedroom. The room was very modern, with stylish furnishings and a very large TV.



The best part of all was that they offer free internet, which is a luxury I rarely came across on my 3 month tour.

For more information please visit their website at: www.centralpark.co.nz/

Air New Zealand

Air New Zealand is an international and domestic airline group which provides air passenger and cargo transport services within New Zealand, as well as to and from Australia, the South West Pacific, Asia, North America and the United Kingdom.

It was an early rise for me, waking up at 2.30am and picked up by the airport shuttle at 3.30am. I had a good flight with Air New Zealand apart from the fact that they are not very lenient with their extra baggage. However the service was very friendly and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment