Sunday, February 21, 2010

CHRISTCHURCH

My arrival

www.exploretainment.com

www.exploretainment.com

www.exploretainment.com

I HAVE FINALLY ARRIVED!! After a long, exhausting and exciting arrival yesterday I am slowly getting into the swing of things. Yesterday morning I departed Brisbane at 9am with Pacific Blue (Virgin Blue) and arrived in Christchurch at 3pm. First tip- make sure you stick to the baggage limit as they charge $10/kilo and are not very lenient.

www.exploretainment.com

www.exploretainment.com

I am staying at City Centre Motel in Christchurch and its really nice. Tina and Mary made me feel very much at home by helping me carry my bags to the room and bringing me some milk for my tea in the morning. Second tip- remember a brush! Of course I gave myself only 10 minutes to get ready for my welcome party and what do I realise, I’ve forgotten my hair brush! It’s amazing how useful a fork can be when your desperate.


Entirely Kiwi organised a party at the Tap Room in my honour, in which the Mayor of Christchurch attended. Mayor Parker (or Bob as he so kindly asked me to call him) presented an insightful speech on tourism in Christchurch and provided me with some must see destinations. Bob and is wife Joanne gave me a New Zealand all blacks hat as a welcome gift, which I will be sure to treasure.

www.exploretainment.com

www.exploretainment.com

The Tap room has been operating since October 2001, and is one of New Zealand's premium locations to relax and enjoy a cold Monteiths beer. Set on the banks of the Avon River and centrally located in the heart of the city, I have been informed that this is the spot to be when dinning out in Christchurch.

The bar and restaurant was the perfect place to host my welcome party as it is one of the best indoor/outdoor environments in Christchurch. The staff were very friendly and professional and created an amazing night for everyone involved.

City Centre Motel

Don’t be fooled by the term ‘motel’. Tina and Mary have done a great job in ensuring you receive top quality service. My room is a very modern and spacious with a double bed, spa bath, plasma tv and comfy couch. The rooms are equipped with wireless internet and no need to bring your hair dryer because they have that too!

www.exploretainment.com

www.exploretainment.com

Tina and Mary are committed to ensuring the highest possible standard of cleanliness and customer service. City Centre is an environmentally friendly motel through the use of
- Biodegradable (re-cycled) products
- Re-cycling
- Low energy lighting
- Reduced water usage
- Refillable printer cartridges
- Sourcing supplies from local distributor

www.exploretainment.com

www.exploretainment.com

The best thing about City Centre Motel is that you don’t feel like your in the city yet the city centre is only 3 blocks away! Also the motel offers all of the services you would receive at a 5* hotel at a quarter of the price. All rooms are serviced on a daily basis and a continental breakfast is available on request for $10. Forgotten your razor, toothbrush or toothpaste? No need to go to the shopping centre just take a 2 second stroll to reception where you can purchase these items! You can even unwind from an action packed day with a relaxing massage from the electric back massager available for your use at reception.

Room sizes range from studio apartments to two bedroom and are fully self-contained. Prices start from $139 a night- a very reasonable price for value.



For more information on prices and to see more photos visit the City Centre Motel website at http://www.citycentremotel.co.nz/

Willowbank

Love animals? Love nature? Love natural wildlife? Love good food? Well Willowbank wildlife reserve and restaurant is must see during your stay at Christchurch. Jo Moore the marketing manager for Willowbank took me on a personalised tour through the reserve today. One word to describe my tour is WOW. I met some very interesting animals including flick the monkey, Mr Gibbon the chimp (my made up name for him), Sam the talking cockatoo and of course New Zealand’s native animal the Kiwi- my first encounter with a kiwi ☺.

www.exploretainment.com

www.exploretainment.com

Close encounters with the animals are a Willowbank trademark. I got to feed the wild eels (I had goosebumps the whole time!), feed the Kia bird while it climbs onto my head and shoulders and make friends with the livestock breeds unique to New Zealand. You can also get up and close to real Lemur- the animals in madagascar!

www.exploretainment.com

www.exploretainment.com

www.exploretainment.com

www.exploretainment.com


Willowbank is open from 10am to 10pm and offers unique and exciting night and day tours! The restaurant has roof to floor glass walls so that while your eating you can view the little kiwis running a muck (I mean the animal!). Before dinner you can discover Tane Mahuta, the Maori God of the forest and participate in the Ko Tane Cultural Performance that operates between 5.30pm-6.30pm daily.

Prices for adults is $25 and children $10. For an extra $2 you can get yourself a guided tour! Return transport from the city centre can be arranged.

For more information visit the Willowbank website at http://www.willowbank.co.nz/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment